To ensure the safety of our members and staff, all visits to Unique Auto must be scheduled in advanced as appointments. In accordance with CT sate law, you MUST wear a mask when visiting. There will be no exceptions to this policy for future sake.
Here are the steps to take:
Step 1 - Check for outstanding issues
- Prior to registering your vehicle, be sure you do not have any issues (such as property taxes or insurance lapses) that may stop you. check here https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/Online-Services/Vehicle-Services/Compliance-Messages
Step 2 - Gather your documents
- A Printed copy of your Drivers License Or ID
- A copy of your insurance card
- Completed registration application (Form H-13B). https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DMV/20/29/H13Bpdf.pdf
- Bill of Sale https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DMV/20/29/h31pdf.pdf
- Payment : You will need cash or card (debit card machine charge 4%) for registration payment. Personal check or money order made out to DMV for you sales tax
A passenger vehicle registration with new plates (no lien) will cost $205.89. (There is an additional $10.00 fee for processing a vehicle with a lien) Fees vary by GVWR.
Please note : In order to schedule your appointment online, you must pay a non-refundable $25 convenience fee with a debit or credit card.
Hours of Operations for Registrations services
Monday to Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Saturdays- 8 am - 1pm